Late 2015 I set sail towards the East. My first stop on that journey was Hong Kong and from there I explored the peripheries of the Sinosphere the next few months.
I returned after a short hiatus and entered the heart of that sphere: China. This was the start of an intimate relationship with this part of the world.
The following posts are not only the notes I took on the road or the sediment of memories, but an attempt to get closer to the ontics of the place.
- Putin and the posthuman
- Meeting of Ming and Qing with CCCP skyline
- China’s Alexandria
- Ephemeral Drift
- Hideyoshi’s ghost and the Yankee shogun
- Moments become real when they’re memories
- “Why don’t you foreigners use an umbrella?”
- No driver at the wheel
- Delay, Dismay, Delightful Decay
- Kowloon-induced ponderings
- Icarus at the bazaar
- Shoulder of Orion